Over the last few weeks, we’ve had so much fun sharing our teams’ self care tips and tricks that we’re bringing into 2021. Practicing self-care and being kind to yourself is one of those things that is easier said than done. We’ve noticed as a team, that self-care takes effort, but putting that effort in is always worth it! In case you missed us on instagram, here’s a little recap of some of the things our team does to actively practice self care:
Taking a Bubble Bath: One of our favorite ways to underwind after an eventful day is with some bath time, add in a favorite book, maybe some journaling and perhaps a glass of rose, this usually does the trick for us.
Screen Time Breaks: As a team, we spend a lot of time on our screens and while we love the work we do, taking screen breaks has been a game changer for us. A quick walk outside, calling a loved one, even squeezing in some yoga or meditation has done wonders for us!
Practicing Gratitude: Slowing down can be a challenge as a growing small business. Gratitude lists are a great way to remind ourselves of all the amazing progress we’ve made. Plus sometimes on super hard days, reflecting on 1-2 small good things really shifts our perspective!
Reading: Sometimes our self care is as simple as a glass of red, a good book, and a cozy bed. Something about the simplicity of this, makes it feel so indulgent.
Those are just a few of our favorite ways to practice self care. The important thing about self care is to find activities that work best for you and your schedule. We’ve got some other ideas listed below that you can try this year!
- Cooking with a loved one
- Virtual wine night with friends
- Making your bed
- Putting your phone away after 7pm
- Walking your dog, or a friends dog!
- Spending time with your kids
- Guilt-free naps
- Walking with a friend
- A face mask
And of course, because it’s our duty to tie in alcohol and wine education, we’re sharing potential health and self care benefits of drinking wine - in moderation of course! Full disclosure, we are a wine team not a health expert team, and at the end of the day we drink wine because we love it not because it is a health cure all. Here are some potential health and self care benefits from drinking wine:
- Heart Healthy: Mayo clinic, put it out there, “people who drink moderate amounts of alcohol, including red wine, seem to have a lower risk of heart disease.” Red wine and a healthy heart? Sounds good to us. Again, moderate amounts of alcohol is the key, which luckily ties in perfectly with our single-serve bottle options!
- Graceful Aging: Antioxidants can help with aging and red wine contains an antioxidant substance called resveratrol! This substance lives deep within a nice glass of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon or any other red wine and may have a healthy impact on heart health.
- Gut Health: Finally, red wine can have a positive effect on gut health, which is a new perspective for us that we are definitely here for. In one study, wine drinkers had more diverse gut bacteria which has been shown to be associated with a healthy gut!
As we mentioned, not health experts over here, but definitely working on becoming self care experts and wine falls into our self care routine! So cheers to health, self care and wine (in moderation)! We hope you give yourself some time to practice self care today!
Shop all of our single serve wines made with organic grapes on our online wine shop.